Are there cloud computing benefits for small business?
There are many cloud computing benefits for small business, including:
- Better manageability. Cloud computing adds flexibility by expanding your technological infrastructure resources as it is needed. How much data storage will you need in the next year? From how many locations will you need to access that data? With cloud solutions, you don’t need to know those answers now, or months in advance. Your data storage size can scale up or down depending on your needs.
- Lower IT infrastructure costs. Cloud services move your infrastructure costs from capital expenditures (purchasing servers) to operational expenses. This saves money because:
- You only pay for what you use (usage-based pricing).
- You need fewer IT hours to implement and manage your data.
- Unlimited accessibility. Data on the cloud can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection and multiple users can work on the same data simultaneously.
- Less maintenance. Cloud applications are not installed on each user’s computer, so they don’t need updates and patches applied to every endpoint. All that happens on the cloud as well.
- Better response during peak demand. Because resources are shared across a large pool, peak-load capacity increases and there is more efficiency for systems that are less utilized.
- Backup redundancy. A well-designed cloud solution uses multiple redundant sites, so that your data is protected and available even if one site is compromised.
- Security. If implemented well, cloud security is as good as (or better) than traditional systems.