Threat actors have successfully harmed many small and medium-sized businesses (or SMBs) over the past several years. SMBs have had a wake up call. Many are finally getting the message that cybercriminals see smaller businesses with relatively low staff as easy targets because they often don’t invest in the right cyber security. A recent survey found many SMBs are not confident that their current IT support can prevent threats. If you are among them, you may be considering a new IT partner for 2023. We’ll walk you through the survey results and what it means for your IT partner search.
Conducted by Connectwise, the survey asked small and medium-sized businesses the following questions about their current managed service providers (MSPs):
- Do you trust your current MSP’s ability to deliver?
- Do you have confidence in the ability of your current MSP to respond to security incidents, or have recent events shaken your trust?
- Do you have confidence in your MSP to minimize loss and damages?
- Do they have the technicians and resources to keep up with certifications?
The survey results revealed that the majority of SMBs don’t see their MSP partnerships as long-term and 42 percent actively expect to switch partners soon.
The critical takeaway from the survey is that 94 percent of respondents would consider using or moving to a new MSP if they provided the “right” cyber security solution.
While many managed service providers seem to offer similar services, there is a large gap in expertise and in the level of effectiveness. Make sure that your current or potential new IT partner is continuously monitoring:
- The security market and the security product landscape.
- The emerging threat landscape.
- The complex legal and regulatory landscape.
- The ever-evolving technological landscape.
Your new IT partner needs to not just be able to monitor for threats, but to competently prevent and mitigate them.
Choosing a New IT Partner
What services do you need and how do you choose the right IT partner to both support your business and protect you from cyber risks? Here are some resources to get you started:
- Choose IT Support Checklist
- Change IT Company Guide
- 10 Signs It’s Time to Switch Providers
- New Models for Outsourcing IT Support
If you’re in the market for a new IT partner, consider Intrust IT. We provide IT support and best-in-class cyber security for small to midsize businesses in our region. Book an appointment or contact us to start the conversation.
Share this Blog
Is Your Name or Birthday a Part of Your Password?
If so, you’re a part of the 59 percent of people who don’t follow proper password hygiene. More than 70 percent of passwords are used for more than one system, meaning if cybercriminals crack one, they can access a lot more accounts.
Our free Enterprise Password Management Guide will give you the best password hygiene practices to help you secure your computer and your business.