What is a cyber security managed service provider?
A cyber security managed service provider is also called a managed cybersecurity provider or MSSP. They differ from a CSSP because the security services are provided as part of end-to-end IT coverage, including:
- Making sure your infrastructure is secure by assessing for risks/gaps and identifying other vulnerabilities.
- Closing any gaps and providing recommendations to implement specific security and productivity improvements.
- Monitoring your system and supporting your team 24/7/365.
- Proactively responding to attacks, usually blocking them before they breach your system.
- Ongoing training for your staff, which is the number one weakest link in any security chain.
With a cyber security managed service provider, these services and more are packaged into a flat rate monthly fee, so that you can better plan for meeting your company’s technology needs.